Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Fun

So, today was such a warm day, we decided to go to the pool when Jude woke up from his nap... We got him all excited about getting in the water...Got all our gear on, bags packed, sunscreen on, baby ready, in the car, up to the pool...and there is NO ONE there! What in the world? We have no idea why, but we had prepared this little two-year-old for some fun in the sun, so we gave it to him. Daddy blew up the frog pool and the "sprinkler ball" and Jude had a blast! Wasn't what Abe or I had in mind, but Jude didn't know the difference.




Tonight before bed, Jude was reading his bunny book to me and I asked him how old he was, and then some random quizzing questions and then I asked him if we could count together...It was kind of weird, but I started w/ one...two...and then he finished 3-10. Yes, I got that on video too! Sorry for all the video...but I couldn't resist

Abe was gone for 4 days at a basketball camp in IN and Aunt Carrie was gracious enough to come stay and be a huge help to me. Jude just adores her! They had so much fun reading together, getting ready in the bathroom together, watching Elmo, singing in the car..you name it, they did it! He misses you Aunt Carrie! Wish you lived closer!Little Miss Olivia went in for her 6-week check-up and weighed in at 11lb 10oz. She is in the 90th percentile. Abe and I both did not think Jude was ever in the 90th percentile for weight, but we looked back in his baby book and oddly enough, at his 6-week check-up, he weighed exactly what she does and was in the 90th percentile! Crazy! Oh, and the best news--she's been sleeping an average of 5-6 hours at night and two nights even went 7 hours! We are so thankful and hope it continues!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Miss you guys tons! I wished we lived closer too! Looks like the pool was fun, even the "bink of da water". I'm very impressed that he can count to 10!! Yeah!! I'll have to plan a trip back down there very soon!!!

Molly Stroud said...

Congratulations on the new baby! I hope you remember me from Horn Creek. You babysat my son, Will one afternoon. He's almost five years old now, and will be starting kindergarten this fall. Time flies, huh?! I have a daughter named Olivia, so I love the name!! She's beautiful, and best of luck to you with the two little ones. It seems like such a short time ago I was right in your shoes. It's a hard time, but a good time. Hang in there and make sure to take some time for you! :)

Molly