Monday, September 5, 2011

Jude Rides...with no training wheels!

So, yes, Jude learned to ride a bike with no training wheels. It wasn't easy. He first received a bike for his birthday that was a little bigger than his last and when we recently tried taking the trainers off, he was a bit skeptical to try to ride it on his own. So, his Gree suggested we revert back to his shorter bike and take the training wheels off that one. Well....that did the trick. And now, poof! He can do it with no training wheels.
He was so, so proud.
Jude also had another first this week. He had his first day of pre-k. Excited, yes he was! I don't think I even got a "bye mom" out of him...he walked in the room, met his teachers and started chatting their ear off about where to go and what they got to do. Happy, yes...that he wasn't tugging on my pants or crying. Sad, yes..that my baby was now a boy. I love this boy and I cannot believe how fast he's grown up, right before my eyes.
After school, I could tell Jude was tired. He does naps about every other day, but today was a "nap day". I made him lay down and I lay next to him. He uttered the words, "mama, will you sing me a song".
"Yes, yes Jude, I will sing you a song. Or 2 or 3 or 4". Ok, so he is still my baby. And I love it. We lay under his brown blanket, with the windows open and the fresh breeze blowing over us as I ran my fingers threw his blonde lockes....love this boy... He's still my Jude boy, even if he's four and playing soccor, and going to pre-school, and riding his bike with no training wheels. He's still my babe.

Isaiah 40:31 says:
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


It seems to me these days that Jude has spread his wings and is soaring...and it is a reminder to me that, through Christ, and my dependence on him, I too can run & not grow weary, walk and not be faint....soar on wings like eagles.


3 comments:

Carrie said...

Yeah Jude!!!!! Loved Liv's cheering and her "cheeeeeeese"! So cute!!!

kimberly said...

Love what you wrote about Jude still being your baby. So sweet. I cannot get over how big your kids are getting. They are just adorable.

emily zeller said...

Kimberly...it is SO HARD, to see them grow UP :( I dislike it much much much!