Sunday, February 15, 2009

Things You Might Find Under a Bed

1. Kleenex
2. Sock
3. Dust
4. Underwear
5. Shoes
6. A 20-month-old
That's right! I awoke early this morning to a crying little boy...I run into his dark room, trying to squint and see where he is in his bed, only he's not IN his bed.. I look to the corners of his room, which he now resorts to when waking up, but he's not there either.. The tears are still coming and I kneel down beside his (low-to-the-ground) toddler bed, only to find him CLEAR under...I mean, against the wall! I have no idea how long he had been down there or how he got under there, but I had to drag him out by his feet...poor thing! Luckily, he did fall back asleep in our bed within minutes...Anyway, if you're missing a kid; might want to check under the bed first!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh! Poor thing! Maybe he was looking for "carly" under the bed! You might have to resort to back to the full size bed.

Kristen said...

Poor Jude! His transition to the big boy bed is really making me nervous for Ben. We are holding out until April - expect many phone calls from me for advice when it happens!

Nichole said...

Poor guy--and poor mommy! Walking in there and not finding him must have been so scary-even if for only a few seconds! I can't believe he is big enough for a big boy bed!