Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Trials of "The Big Bed"


So, we (I) decided we could not be procrastinators when it came to switching Jude from Crib to "Big Bed" since we have a baby coming in April and that would be an adjustment in itself... Me, being the planner I am, thought we should try w/ plenty of time to spare for issues. Abe, on the other hand, saw no need to start early. I let it go for a few weeks and then brought it up again. This time he didn't fight me. So, Friday night...woke up twice--not bad for the first night. Saturday night; slept all the way until 5:30am. Sunday night; again 5:00am. Monday night; woke up at midnight; and then when I went in to wake him at 6:30, he was sound asleep on the floor. I think he decided "forget this bed"...he had his blanket wrapped around him and everything. I wish I would've gotten a picture of it! Anyway; pray for our patience in dealing w/ this big adjustment and for Jude to become adjusted to this new way of sleeping! We need it!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi Emily,
I am the same way, such a planner. Hang in there, he will do great. Changes are hard though. Jackson still falls asleep next to his bed and then once he is asleep I move him to his bed. This has been going on for months now. :)

Jason, Kate and Tait Miller said...

oh dear! We'll pray. My word he looks like such a big boy in that picture! Where did our babies go?